Pilonidal cyst, will it be treated with just antibiotics?!

I use to have this pilonidal cyst on my back with the bleeding and the pain, a doctor wrote me some antibiotics and after two months it got better and there were just a black mark instead, It`s been almost two months and the mark is still there and when I touch my back I feel there is something under my skin , so I`m afraid if the hair is still growing under my skin and I have just let it be there.

Pilonidal cysts are cysts that typically develop along the tailbone (coccyx), near the natal cleft of the buttocks. While the exact cause is unknown, it is believed that pilonidal cysts develop from ingrown hairs, which cause a local inflammatory response. These cysts typically contain hair and skin debris in addition to abnormal tissue. Pilonidal cysts are most common in males, but are also common in hirsute individuals (those with excessive hair), obese individuals, individuals with a family history of pilonidal cysts, and individuals with sedentary occupations. Individuals that experience excessive pressure or continued trauma to the sacrococcygeal area are at a higher risk of developing these cysts.

There are certain risk factors for getting these cysts and their return. They include:

Personal or family history of similar problems (eg, acne , boils, carbuncles, folliculitis, sebaceous cysts )
Large amounts of hair in the region
Tailbone injury
Horseback riding, cycling

Make sure that area of your back stays hair free and clean at all times.

Anon, these cysts can return and while yours seem to heal quite quickly, a cyst may be returning. A follow up with your doctor is a good idea.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/pilonidal-cyst

Pilonidal Cyst