Q: 

Plan B 2-3 weeks ago, and now freaking out...

Okay so, I am 5 months PP with my daughter. My son was 6 months old when we found out when we where pregnant again. So with 2 under 2, I have been extremely careful. My health department only has a nurse in once a month and she stays busy, and my OBGYN doesn't have another opening til next month, so I haven't been put on any birth control. Me and my husband us condoms/ pullout method (only 2 times) and if needed a Plan B. So 3 weeks ago, a week after my period, we did pullout but it came to close. I took a Plan B 12-24 hours later. Within a week I had (what I called) a second period. I bleed just like a period for 5 days (which is a normal period myself). Well 2 weeks later, here we are and..... no period. Last week I had cramping like I always do before period, then stringy discharge. But no period. I am freaking out. I don't know known how normal this is considered. I do not want to take a pregnancy test yet because all that'll do is make me more nervous. Please, if anyone knows if this is normal or has gone through this, please let me know. I already have 2 under 2, I really can't handle a third!

Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER. I am glad you reached out to us with your concern.

The bleeding was proof that Plan B worked and you did not become pregnant.

The pill can cause changes in the menstrual cycle. Considering you gave birth to your second child only five months ago, your hormone levels may be more sensitive.

The pill can cause your next period to start earlier or later than expected. Flow might be lighter or heavier than normal.

Regards,

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thank you so much! I have been so worried.

Emergency Contraception