Plan B

By Anonymous November 24, 2010 - 12:27am

The last time I had my menstrual bleeding was october 11th (but I'm fairly irregular), but two weeks after that I had spotting/light bleeding with clots for about a week (I'm not sure what it was, I went to the doctor's and had a check up, she said I had a fair amount of bleeding inside). On that same weekend of the irregular bleeding, I had unprotected sex and took plan B 60 hours after. Then a week after I took the pills, November 14th, I had about 4 to 5 days of heavy bleeding with a fair amount of blood clots. I took a pregnancy test, November 23rd (17 days after the unprotected sex) and it was negative. But for some reason, I feel like my left breast is sore and tender, but it could be because I have been touching it to check its tenderness throughout the day. I was wondering what are of my chances of being pregnant? We are both college students, and I have been pretty nervous and scared about this. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

We can't give estimates, odds or percentages of pregnancy risks (other than very high or moderately low) even though our readers really want this.

If your pregnancy test says 'negative' then you are not pregnant - so trust the test and believe it!

For more information, please review this article: Emergency Contraception Update, 2010 - I think it'll help a lot.

Thanks for writing!