Plan B; Can I be pregnant?

I had ended my period last thursday or friday and I had unprotected sex saturday/sunday(1-130am). He says he pulled out and I felt the cum but worried that maybe he cummed a little and didnt feel it so to be safe I took plan b monday(630-7pm). They say that you should have sex a week before and a week after your period because its so easy to get pregnant. I already have a 10 month baby and dont want another. Because of the time frame do you think that the plan b will still work or most likely not? Should I have gotten my period after taking the pill? Ive been cramping, having lower back pain, nausea, bloating but I know it could be from the pill but, always from pregnancy. I dont know what to do, im so scared and so stupid for having unprotected sex. I wish I could talk to my mom about it but shell yell at me and say she disappointed in me and im just scared of her words. Thanks for talking the time to read my post.

I got my period Monday and ended Wednesday. Usually my period lasts 5 days so that kinda worries me. Even though I got my period(or I think, could be nerves) I'm still stressing I could be pregnant because I'm very sensitive and want to cry for everything! Will I still get my period at the end of the month again or has it changed? Thank you so much for your response it really helped calm me down a little! I appreciate it!

Dear Anon

Thanks for you post and yes, having unprotected sex if you don't want a baby is stupid but guess what - pretty much all of us have been stupid in that respect so we're here to help you and not give you a hard time. It's pretty clear you know you made a mistake so don't beat yourself up; you sound like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders!

The bad news is that you can get pregnant anytime of the month because our cycles, even when normally regular, can suddenly change and we find ourselves pregnant.

The good news is that having sex right after your period is generally considered safer than having it in the middle of your cycle. So hopefully you had not ovulated yet. It would have been better if you had taken Plan B earlier - like on the Sunday morning, but taking it within 72 hours is a good thing. There is no guarantee that it'll work but it's certainly better than not having taken it at all.

Your symptoms could be PMS, pregnancy or most likely - nerves. If your cycle is generally regular then you may be PMSing now (although it's a bit early) and it's too early for pregnancy symptoms so I really think it's stress more than anything.

Bottom line: good for you for taking Plan B. You did everything you could to make the mistake better. Now all you can do is cross your fingers. If your period is late, take a test straight away so you know where you stand but do remember that even if you did have unprotected sex and took Plan B a little later than you'd like - you had sex as a time that's generally considered a safer time in your cycle and you did take the Plan B in the time suggested.

I'm crossing my fingers for you - I hope you get your period (I suspect you will but we can't promise you anything!) and will you please update us? You're not the first, nor the last to make a mistake - most of us have. Just please remember to always carry birth control with you because the stress just isn't worth it. I hope to hear from you soon and thank you again for finding EmpowHer!