Plan B or pregnant?

By September 26, 2016 - 1:34pm

Hi. I'm 20 years old and I had completely unprotected sex the first day of my ovulation cycle (9/20) and the guy I had sex with finished completely inside of me. I couldn't buy a Plan B pill until around 65 hours after intercourse. I took it on (9/23) and now I am experiencing brown spotting. Is this because of the pill or could this be a first sign of pregnancy? I know I'm so stupid. I had no clue he was going to actually finish inside of me after 2 minutes..... I'm scared. I'm a sophomore in college and I just can't have a baby right now. Please let me know what you think or give me some advice..... I really need it!

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours. After 65 hours it doesn't work quite as well but I think it's still somewhere between 85%-90%.

Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. Many women bleed or have spotting, not all do.

If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...