Plan b side effect or implantation bleeding?

I got my period the 31st of october. Had sex the 14th of november. Condom broke and he came inside. I took plan b about 6 hours later. It is now 6 says later and I'm experiencing very light bleeding. Started brown and turned pink. Plea

Thank you for visiting the EmpowHER community and sharing your question. What you are experiencing is completely normal.

The most common side effect of an emergency contraceptive is changing the woman’s cycle. This can be scary, particularly if it causes a late period on someone who is concerned about being pregnant. Here is a complete list of its side effects:

Side effects may include changes in your period, nausea, lower abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness and breast tenderness. Some women may have changes in their period, a heavier or lighter next period, or a period that is early or late.

Anon, the medicine in these pills change your hormones and can affect your menstrual cycle for a couple of months. If you took the medicine correctly (which sounds like you did) and had some sort of a period after, I would wait a while before getting worried. The unfortunate thing is that it is going to take a couple of months before your menses is back on track.

Your risk is very low - emergency contraception is 90-95% effective and bleeding a week later is a common side effect. To know for sure, a pregnancy test taken 14 days after sex will be accurate. I don't think you have much to worry about.