Q: 

Plan B side effect or pregnancy?

By Anonymous March 8, 2010 - 11:57am

Hello.
Three days after my period ended, I had sex with my boyfriend. I wasn't ovulating. We used a condom, but it broke. We went and got the plan B pill right away, and I had taken the first pill less than an hour after it happened. I didn't feel sick while taking it like I was warned I might, and thought everything was fine. Now, 5 days later, I am experiencing some light spotting which is a dark brownish with a little light pink. My period isn't due for about 2 weeks. Is this implantation bleeding or just a side effect from the plan b pill? Please help, I am so scared!

Anonymous

Hello. So I had intercourse on May 7th my period ended on my May 4th. My bf had pulled out on time before he ejaculated in me I was just worried about the pre ejaculate. I had took Plan B within 40 hours on May 9th. I didn't really experience much seffects when I took it only fatigue and dizziness. Then couple days later I started to feel Nausea, more tired, moody etc for several days. Then it's been a week and couple days now I'm experiencing spotting which was brownish or even a little more blood then spotting and it's dark red blood it may not be my period because my expected date is on May 24. Also I've been having mild pains or cramps. So I'm worried if it's just plan b or its implantation bleeding?!..

Hello Anon
It's highly doubtful it's implantation bleeding since Plan B stops ovulation. These are side effects. Look up Plan B's website to know more.

Anonymous

So I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on May 6. I wasn't able to use plan b until 40 hours later. My period is very irregular meaning I can go 2-3 months without it and then sometimes it's a month after the other so I never really know. A couple days after I got some stomach pain, I have light bleeding started off brownish and now a little more red which is different from my normal period blood. I also have thrown up twice. Once was after eating something. I'm wondering if its side effect or if I'm pregnant HELP

Unprotected sex with a very irregular cycle is a very had idea as you can't gauge your ovulation times.

But emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours and up to 90% effective if taken within 72 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.

The more frequently they are taken, the more likely a woman is to have side effects and an irregular cycle. They should be taken only for emergencies, not used as a method of birth control.
Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed or longer/shorter as a result of taking emergency contraception.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Hello, I had sex on a Sunday, a week went by and I started my period the next Saturday. I am kinda weird and I haven't actually had my period since 2013. I thought I had already lost it.(I am a normal 20 year old) Ever since talking plan b my period is just getting heavier and it's the third day. I woke up at 5am with blood actually pouring and dripping down my thighs. I am also for the first time experiencing a little discomfort, which I guess you can describe as cramps. I am just worried cause it's my third day and I don't know if it's normal for it to be this heavy? Or for this to be happening.

Hello Anon

This seems like a very severe reaction to Plan B and if this is your first period since 2013, you need to seek medical help.

Anonymous

Hello! I'm not on any birth control pills but my partner always uses a condom, he also doesn't ejaculate in me. I had sex with him three days after my period ended. When we wanted to change positions he pulled out and we saw that the condom was a bit loose and pulled forward. I checked if it was broken but it wasn't. Yet I worry that some precum might've leaked at the bottom during intercourse. I couldn't tell if there was any precum on or in me, I thought it was all mine but again, I'm not sure. Is there a chance that I might be pregnant? How possible is it? Should I take a plan b even tho this is two days after we had sex?

Anonymous

Hello my gf took the pill less than a day after we had sex, i didnt finish inside but we still had precautions and she took the pill, the next day she had a brown discharge that lasted for 2 days and her breasts felt sensitive and hurt, her period isnt due for a while but still its been a week since the pill and is the brown discharge normal??

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours and up to 90% effective if taken within 72 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.

Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed or longer/shorter as a result of taking emergency contraception. They should get back to normal the next month.