Plan B side effect or pregnancy?

By Anonymous March 8, 2010 - 11:57am

Hello.
Three days after my period ended, I had sex with my boyfriend. I wasn't ovulating. We used a condom, but it broke. We went and got the plan B pill right away, and I had taken the first pill less than an hour after it happened. I didn't feel sick while taking it like I was warned I might, and thought everything was fine. Now, 5 days later, I am experiencing some light spotting which is a dark brownish with a little light pink. My period isn't due for about 2 weeks. Is this implantation bleeding or just a side effect from the plan b pill? Please help, I am so scared!

Anonymous

Hi I had unprotected sex the day after my period and he ejaculated in me twice, I went and took plan b 3 hours later and I had a brownish bleeding a few days later that lasted 2-3 days. Since then I've had tender breasts and it's around the time I should have my period now and I just have a very light pink tint when I wipe after I pee. Is this my body trying to start my period or could I be pregnant?

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.

Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed as a result of taking emergency contraception.

It sounds like your period is on it's way.

Anonymous

Hello,
My bf and I had unprotected sex 5 times (Friday-sunday), 1 time which a little semen was left in me. Not thinking, we waited till the following Wednesday to take plan b. That morning before I took it I woke up to spotting. I thought maybe it was the beginning of my period, even though I am always regular and I would have been 4 days early. I took the pill and thought I would wake up the next day bleeding heavier. But it was the opposite. It was extremely light and a pink/salmon color. It lasted for 3 days then the 4th day still very light but brown. Should I be concerned?

Hello Anon

It sounds like you did get your period, even if it was light. It could also be a side effect from the EC.

If you don't get your next period within 4 weeks from now, take a test.

Anonymous

Hello. Me and my girlfriend had sex without a condom the day after her period ended. We stopped in the middle of it because we realized it was stupid not to have a condom, so I never even ejaculated. She took a plan b about 60 hours later just to be safe. A week later today, she started to bleed. If you anyone could us if they think she is pregnant or the chances of her being pregnant. Thank you

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

She did not become pregnant. The bleeding was caused by taking Plan B.

There was nor risk for becoming pregnant during sex on the day after her period ended. That was too early in the new menstrual cycle for ovulation to occur.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hey I had sex unprotected about 5 or 6 times during my fertile/ovulation period. The guy came inside me a couple of times a week after my last period and I used a plan b pill last time. I have been nervous and have experienced some light spotting(a couple of hours/lightish red color) and cramps which made me feel my period was coming but it hasn't yet. Could I be pregnant or just spotting before my period?

It could actually be either - you can test for pregnancy if you're period is late.

Anonymous

i took plan b pill on the day i was ovulating and on the next month i only bleed one day and the two next day spotting. after that week i had a brown discharge. i am currently five days late . could i be pregnant. ?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Consider taking an early response pregnancy test. For the most accurate result, test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up and use the bathroom.

Keep us posted,