Plan B side effect or pregnancy?

By Anonymous March 8, 2010 - 11:57am

Hello.
Three days after my period ended, I had sex with my boyfriend. I wasn't ovulating. We used a condom, but it broke. We went and got the plan B pill right away, and I had taken the first pill less than an hour after it happened. I didn't feel sick while taking it like I was warned I might, and thought everything was fine. Now, 5 days later, I am experiencing some light spotting which is a dark brownish with a little light pink. My period isn't due for about 2 weeks. Is this implantation bleeding or just a side effect from the plan b pill? Please help, I am so scared!

Anonymous

Hey there!
So I had sex last night for the first time in a long time. I am on Birth Control but there were a few nights this month that I fell asleep without taking my pill, I never skipped one I was just hours late taking it. So, to be safe I took a Plan B One Step pill. I've taken them before and I normally start bleeding a few days later...this time I started bleeding the exact day! And 24 hrs after I had sex. Is this normal or should I be worried, did it work?! I'll call my ObGYn in the morning but I'd like to sleep tonight

Anonymous

My last cycle was Dec 22 , I had unprotected sex on New Years which was a Sunday and took a plan b pill on Monday so about 24 hours later . I have been experiencing cramping for about 3-4 days . My expected period is due Jan 19th is the cramping I am experiencing most likely caused by the plan b ? Physically I feel like I am on my period minus the flow is this normal ?

Anonymous

Hi there, my current cycle started on Dec 27, on the last day of my period, Dec 31, I had unprotected sex where he did not pull out. Due to it being New Years, I was unable to get Plan B and had to wait until the morning of Jan 2 to take Plan B (just around the 48 hr mark). Later than evening, we had sex again but he did pull out this time. It is now the evening of Jan 6 and I had noticed slight cramping earlier in the day (I had assumed this was due to my lactose intolerance), and now have been experecing dark pink and clear discharge every time I wipe. Today is considered Day 11 of my cycle but the days I had intercourse on were days 5 and 7. Should I be concerned?

UPDATE: The spotting has now turned into what seems like an actual period. Enough to fill a Regular pad every 4-5 hours.

Anonymous

Hi, if I bleed a few days after taking the morning after pill, does that mean it has been effective and that I am not pregnant? My period should not be due for a month as I had sex straight after my period ended

Hello Anon

Yes, this is considered a sign of it's effectiveness.

Anonymous

Hello, I had sex with my partner around 4 days ago, and took the morning after pill around 3 hours after. Today when i went to the toilet, i noticed around 2 pink/red dots on my underwear, around 2cm long each, and there was a slight pink when i wiped. However it has since stopped since this afternoon. Could this be a side effect of the morning after pill or could it be a sign of the early stages of pregnancy?

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.

Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Anonymous

hello, i have a similar situation. I started my period on the 26th of december and my boyfriend and me were messing around on thw 3rd day of my period (on the 29th, and turns out it's my last day of period, my usual period lasts for 3-5 days). He didn't ejaculate but i found out on the internet that there might be some pre-*** that got into my vagina (we weren't sure if our genitals came in contact or not BUT we are SURE that there is no penetration). So to take precautions, i took the emergency contraceptive pill (the brand i used is postinor 2) within 24 hours, around 22 hours after 'that'. I didn't get any side effects except of burping/farting a lot. But after 5 days after i took the pill, there's a brown discharge from my vagina. I'm so scared, could this be implantation bleeding? or is this just a side effect of the pill? i'm so mot ready, somebody pls help!

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one.

Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.