Please help. Whats wrong with me.

By September 13, 2011 - 12:20pm

Hi! I'm really hoping you can help. I've been trying to conceive since may of this year with no luck. I'm really confused. In May 1st day of my lmp was on the 23rd had intercourse two days prior, June lmp was on the 21st intercourse was a week or two prior, July lmp was on the 22nd and intercourse was from the 4th to the 16th and August lmp was on the 19th had intercourse from the 27th to the 1st of September. I took a pregnancy test yesterday, the twelfth which came back negative. Does this mean I'm not pregnant. I went to the doctor in July to see if anything was wrong with me and he found no cysts or visible problems. Wonder what could be the problem. I have been feeling a bit nauseous but i had all the other months with breast tenderness, only this month i have no breast tenderness and have been having mild cramps on and off for about a week. No spotting or anything.

Thank you Missy, uhm today i noticed a pinkish whitish discharge when i wiped after urinating then it was white again then peeing later on in the day it seemed a bit brownish but there wasn't more than a table spoon. Since i only had sex on days 9 to 14 of my cycle it was said that i may have had sex too early so i know this can't be pregnancy. Should i go see a doctor?

Hi Kimmy,
To add, the symptoms that you are talking about appears more stress related. Stress can cause many different symptoms, conditions and therefore, I will agree with Susan and say, just enjoy this time and take your time.

I am sure you will be telling us good news soon. Just stay patient and keep trying. Thats the fun part.

Good luck, Missie

Hello Susan, i'm trying hard not to stress and well i don't want to get my hopes up just yet, but i haven't seen my monthly's yet my nipple's became a little sensitive yesterday, and still are today. They are only painful when i touch them. But other than that i feel normal. I have however been really tired and hot, sweat a lot especially when i'm asleep. Could this be a sign of something else aside from pregnancy?

Thank you. Was starting to think that maybe this just isn't going to happen for me. I think i will try using an ovulation predictor kit. Hope i wont have to wait any longer. This will be my first pregnancy, never thought it would be this hard. going to happen for me. I think i will try using an ovulation predictor kit. Hope i wont have to wait any longer. This will be my first pregnancy, never thought it would be this hard.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Kimmy04)

Hi again Kimmy!

I think you may have unrealistic expectations about pregnancy. A health woman over the age of 35 (certainly under 30) has about a 20% chance every month of getting pregnant. These odds are the same every month.

Many, many women with a healthy reproduction system get pregnant within the first 8-10 months or so. Since you missed out on the first month, you have only been trying for three months. So you are falling into the range of "normal" very much and will so for several more months.

The stress you are putting on yourself is a known reason for creating an irregular cycle and even delayed pregnancy so you need to relax and enjoy the process! I know it's disappointing to see your period arrive or a negative pregnancy test but at three months of trying, you need to be more patient. We live in a world where it seems everything is instant nowadays, but Mother Nature hasn't signed on for that and probably never will! I just want you to understand about how things work.

Please try not to stress too much and I hope you'll have some wonderful news for us in the next few months! Don't forget to start having sex from around days 10-20!

Hi Kinmy04

It was a good idea to have a check up with your doctor to make sure your reproductive system is healthy so good for you for doing that.

You have only been trying for a baby for 4 months. I know that may seem a long time but it can take up to 12 months for a healthy couple to get pregnant. You may just have to give it more time.

You don't seem to be hitting your ovulation marks too well, as you seem to have sex on the wrong days of your cycle and at times which may be too late. In May you had sex two days before you had your period so that was a month wasted. In August, you may have had sex too early. To make sure you don't miss ovulation, simply have sex every other day from days 10 to 20 in your cycle or therabouts and try using an ovulation prediction kit.

I think if you track your dates more carefully and give yourself a few more months, you will be more likely to see success.