Sinus Infection

Sinus Infection Guide

ask: Please provide a Glendale Arizona doctor's name that performs the Sinus Stent Implants

By Pam Harris

I have had migraines for the past 22 years. I get them about once a week. I have had an MRI, seen various doctors, been on prescriptions, but still persistently get migraines whenever I have allergy symptoms or a head cold. Inhaled steroids do not help, Maxalt helps the most. My nose doen't run. I get incredible head pressure, floaters, and light/sound sensitivity. I am the third generation with these headaches that I know of, and would like to find a cure so my kids and grandchildren don't have to suffer too. I would like to find someone who would implant Sinus Stents in Glendale Arizona, or Phoenix.

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

Hi Pam - Thank you for writing and sharing your story. I'm sorry to hear you've had so many problems with migraines and haven't found relief.

EmpowHER does not have the information you've asked for and is unable to provide direct referrals to physicians. There are several resources that you can use to locate specialists and determine if they are able to meet your needs.

WebMD has a physician search function that allows you to put in your zip code and the kind of doctor you are looking for. It then will bring up a list of doctors that you can check out. As an example, here are the results for a search for gynecologists in Phoenix. http://doctor.webmd.com/physician_finder/results.aspx?sponsor=core&st=&c...

While you mention seeking a doctor in Glendale, Arizona, you may also want to look into the services available through the Mayo Clinic in Arizona which specializes in helping patients who've been through multiple diagnoses and are seeking a more holistic evaluation of their situation, needs and options.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/doctors-departments/doctors.html
http://www.mayoclinic.org/nose-surgery/

There isn't a lot of information available about this procedure, but it seems to be offered by plastic/reconstructive surgeons and otolaryngologists. An otolaryngologist specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases of the head and neck, especially those involving the ears, nose, and throat (ENT). They are also referred to as an ENT, ENT doctor, or ENT physician.

I hope these resources are helpful to you. Will you let us know your next steps?
Take care,
Pat

If you have used an online community or social network to self-diagnose a medical problem, was it successful?: