PMS Symptoms Suddenly Stopped!

By November 11, 2009 - 12:39am

Well I was due on my period on Tuesday 10th Nov, I never came on, I was having my normal PMS signs which started about a week before my period was due, which is mainly just feeling bloated and swollen and sore breasts, only difference this month was i didnt feel as bloated as i usually do, my breasts weren't as sore or swollen either, thing is today (day after my period is due) my breasts felt completely fine, no pain, just tender and no swelling. Me and my fiance are trying for a baby so I am keeping my fingers crossed but can anyone please explain why this may of happened?

I'm 37 years old and I've had my tubes clamped at age 24. For the longest time my breasts would swell up and hurt about a week to a week and a half before my period would start. Out of nowhere last month my breast never swelled nor hurt and my period just started. This month seems to be the same way I have not felt any pain or discomfort in my breast and I have not started my period yet. What would be the reason my symptoms would just all of a sudden stop?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Swtpea)

Hello Swtpea!

This is very normal. I get the same thing, I have severe PMS and about two or three months of the year I get next to no pain. This happens as our bodies change and we get older. There is nothing to worry about. Our hormones are more likely to be less able to regulate when we are reaching 40 and beyond.

Hi Susan I'm 19 and I usually feel all bloated and breast pain but this month my my breasts felt like exploding and now with 2 days to go till my period my breasts aren't as sore and I'm not feeling like a balloon. Is this normal?

PMS often stops a few days before your period starts so that's perfectly normal!

Well I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came back negative. I still haven't come on my period, to be honest my body doesn't feel like my period is going to come.

My periods have various patterns i'll be irregular for a few months and regular for a few months, but to be honest for the past year or so my periods have been very regular, it's sorted itself out as i've got older, I first started my period when I was 12, i was told then by the doctor that my body wasn't ready and that was the reason why i was irregular.

I've been told by several people that my mood swings are getting worse which isn't nice to be told, and my breasts are still tender, i know them symptoms can either be PMS or pregnancy but the only other obvious sign which i have really noticed that, i'd say for the past 3 weeks i've been waking up during the night to go to the toilet, now that is very strange because i NEVER wake up in the night for anything, i've also been needing the toilet like every 2 hours even if i havent had a drink.

(reply to Hayley-Bjon)

It's stressful to try to conceive, and be in the moment of "not knowing", even with a negative HPT you still want the reassurance of a period, of course!

Since your period is only a few days late, give it another week. Many women experience a late period, or even a missed period, and this can be normal. Sorry to tell you to wait some more, but even worrying or stressing over your period can cause some delay.

Are you interested in any information about conception, since you are your fiance are trying to have a baby? How long have you been trying? When was the last time you went to your gynecologist for an annual check-up? (I'm asking, because many doctors would want to see you before you become pregnant to get some baseline information, talk with you about prenatal vitamins, etc).

Hi Hayley-Bjon

Am I correct in assuming that you have not gotten your period still? If you haven't, take a pregnancy test.

Your symptoms could be that of pregnancy or your period coming, since PMS and pregnancy symptoms are so similar. Your symptoms could also have been signs of ovulation - you may have ovulated later than usual and could be pregnant now - or due to get your period any day now.

A pregnancy test would show you a definite result straight away since you are late. If you have been trying for a baby and are now late, perhaps you'll get a positive! Are you usually fairly regular?

Please keep us posted - we'd love to hear the outcome and we wish you the very best!