PMS Sytoms after taking plan b, does that mean it's working?

I had sex with my boyfriend on July 24th. A week before my period. I took Plan B one step 20mins after, (he did ejaculate in me) I woke up the next morning feeling very tired. My boobs wore a little sore which normally happens a week before my period. It's now a week later and I've been very bloated and having nausea and lower back pains and some cramping in the abdomen. I'm suppose to start my period tomorrow Aug 2nd, but I'm so scared that it won't start, which I think is every young girl thought who isn't ready for a child. This is my first time ever having to deal with this or having to take plan b. I haven't slept since it's happened, I seen a lot of reviews where people periods are delayed like a month. I just need clarity, I don't want to take a pregnancy test to early and think I'm fine. Please someone help !!

Hi Caly!

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns!

Caly, it's madness to have unprotected sex if you are not trying for a baby. Don't depend on Plan B - that is for emergencies and is not a guarantee of not getting pregnant although it's generally very successful. Use a condom each and every time. Or go on the Pill. If your boyfriend refuses to use a condom, he's not worth it even though you care for him.

That being said, EC is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours so you are probably fine. But your period can be up to a week early or a week late as a side effect. Sounds like you have PMS, I don't think you have much to worry about.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills