polycystic on my ovary

I have irregular periods I have facial hair I have balding areas on my head I'm on the heavy side and I have to have sweets I need help getting pregnant and I can't because I'm not ovulating I started taking a supplement called women's best friend and I started my pms March 31 got off the 7th started my pms may 2 got off the 6 I think I'm not ovulating and I think my tubes are clogged.

Pregnancy can be difficult when a woman has PCOS.

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a chronic endocrine disorder in women. Characteristics of PCOS are:

High levels of male hormones (androgens)
Insulin resistance
Hair growth on face and body
Anovulation—when the ovaries make few or no eggs

Ovaries make follicles that hold eggs. With PCOS, the ovaries make the follicles, but the eggs do not mature or leave the ovary. The immature follicles can turn into fluid-filled sacs called cysts . Most women with PCOS have cysts. But women with ovarian cysts do not necessarily have PCOS.

Treatment differs according to whether you want to conceive or not. Treatment targets the underlying insulin resistance that accompanies PCOS diagnosis.

Treatment includes:

Managing symptoms
Weight loss if overweight, nutrition consultation
Insulin resistance, glucose intolerance, and prediabetes management

Anon, you need to work very closely with your doctor or fertility specialist to instigate ovulation. There are medications that can help. The good news is that many women with PCOS go on to have happy and healthy babies!

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/polycystic-ovarian-syndrome

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Guide