Positive Pregnancy Test 6 1/2 weeks after D&C - New Pregnancy or Residual Hormones?

I had a D&C due to a missed miscarriage on Aug 22nd, I was 7 weeks when the procedure was done. I went for my follow-up 3 weeks later and was told everything was good. I took a test Oct 3rd because I have been breaking out lately which is not normal for me and it was positive. I've taken two more since and they were both positive as well. The lines did not look more faint but they didnt look darker either. Could this be from residual hormones or a new pregnancy?

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community.

When you're pregnant your body produces a hormone called HCG. After a miscarriage, it can take approximately 20 days for the HCG to disappear from your blood and urine. Keep in mind the 20 days is an average and it can be more or less for different women. In some cases it can take 1-2 months.

If you take a pregnancy test, it is likely that you are experiencing a false positive pregnancy test result.
I hope this helps.

Be well,