Possible Pregnancy ?

By August 5, 2016 - 11:23am

Hello, My name is Mya and I am literally losing my mind. 3 days before my missed period , I had unprotected sexual intercourse and he ejaculated inside of me. The due date my period, it never started. 4 days later I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I've been experiencing slight stomach aches and cramps and not to mention I've been having white, thick excessive discharge, today I checked and the discharge is now a bit lumpy. I checked my cervical condition and it is unusual, it's really small and it is slightly open not to mention it's low. Two days before I had unprotected sexual intercourse I started on my second pack of "Monessa" birth control. Could that be the reason for my now 6 day late period? Or is it a possibility I could somehow be pregnant ? Answers will be so much appreciated and will put me to slight ease.

Hi MyaChann

Thank you for your post.

Why did you start a new pack of pills three days before your period was due? Did you want to skip your period? If so, then yes, this is likely why you are not getting your period.

Your discharge may be an infection of some sort. Women using birth control pills are more likely to get yeast infections so you may need to get that treated. If you have had them before, you can self-treat with a good, over the counter treatment. The one day treatments aren't quite as effective so I recommend a 3 day treatment or longer.