Possible pregnancy?

Last month I slept with my boyfriend around 2am after taking my birth control at 9:30pm. I went away for the weekend and forgot my birth control for the next 2 days. My period was a little bit late, so I took a test and it came back negative. I also had bloodwork done and everything was normal. I missed a few of my birth control pills towards the end of July but never more than a day did I remember (I've been forgetful lately)

Now this month the first day of my period was very light, with black/dark brown bleeding. It's day 2 of my cycle and it's still very dark and very light flow. I've also been having lower back pain and have been extremely tired. I've gone to the hospital thinking I had strep or mono and they did bloodwork. I assume they would have noticed pregnancy but I'm not sure. Can anyone offer their advice and opinion?

Your period sounds like it's here but just a little different. That's ok, periods can be different in length and consistency and color. The first couple of days can be old blood from the month before. See what happens in the next few days.

You can also take a pregnancy test to reassure yourself.

I've been on birth control for 4 years and have always had very consistent cycles, always start same time they're supposed to and last the same amount of time every month. I know missing a few pills will change that. But the fact that my "period" only lasted 2 days and was just dark blood (which I read could be left over from previous cycle) concerns me. I'll definitely take a test to be certain, just wanted to hear others thoughts before I do :)