Possibly Pregnant?

By October 13, 2009 - 7:51am

I am not due to have my period until Thursday, Oct 15th. I was supposed to have ovulated on the 1st of October and had sex on the third. I have been having period like cramping since Monday, the 5th and it has stayed that way and i have no other symptoms for my period, and I normally do. I never cramp before my period. Is it possible that I am pregnant?

I assume you had unprotected sex on October 3rd? How do you know you ovulated on October 1st---are you tracking your ovulation with an ovulation predictor kit or other method?

Anytime you have unprotected sex, there is a chance of pregnancy. Are you trying to become pregnant?

Unfortunately, the only way to know if you are pregnant is to wait until a missed period, and take a home pregnancy test. The symptoms you are experiencing we could "guess-to-death", but that would be an emotional roller coaster. Any symptoms that you are experiencing could be hormonal-related...meaning could be your period starting soon or could be a pregnancy. The cramping could also be originating from your digestive system...I wish it were easier to tell you exactly what "it" is that you are experiencing.

I completely understand the frustration; we were trying to have a baby for 6 months, and every twinge, cramp, dizziness, headache, tiredness, back ache...you name it...caused me to pause and wonder, "is this it?". (I have a 3 year old, so have been pregnant before, too). It's just that when we are trying to become pregnant, it really is all-consuming, and strange to think that women can have this amazing change in their body and not know it for weeks.

The first clear-cut sign of pregnancy is a missed period, so unfortunately, you will have to wait, but it's just a few days! Take a home pregnancy test, and let us know the results!

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Thank you! I took one last night and it came up negative....so I am assuming, most likely that I am not. I do track on mycycle.com, so that is how I knew about October 1st.
We were not necessarily trying, but when we realized the possibilty, we were "hoping."
But alas, it is an emotional roller coaster and I need to stop second guessing every little thing that feels different! haha!
thank you for taking the time to answer and I will certainly write you and let you know if for some reason I have a missed period:)