post op information for vagina and posteria prolapse

i had a vagina and posteria prolapse operation 2 weeks ago and was fitted with a cafiter for 11 days after through out this time and after having it removed i have been bleeding from my bladder. i have to strain so hard to pass urine even though i feel i need to go and i end up passing stools that are like a hard pebble which is extremly painful. and to pass stools i have had to take lactrolose. please can you tell me if this is normal. and what you advice me to do. thankyou

Dear danielle

Thanks so much for your post and welcome!

Passing stools after any kind of medical procedure can be very hard. In fact, it can take a good two weeks for your body to get back to normal. Eat a diet very high in fiber and take the supplements to help you. It's painful and frustrating but it's normal.

Are you still bleeding from your bladder area? If so, then you should contact your doctor and get it seen to - you may have a nick or even an infection. Call, just to be sure. You can read more on our Vaginal Prolapse page here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/vaginal-prolapse

It's also a good idea to talk to your doctor about your bowel movements if they have no improved in the next few days. You may need a different kind of supplement to move things along more.

Are you able to walk? This can help with your bowels a lot.

Update us when you can and as I said, call your doctor if you are still bleeding. I hope your recovery starts to speed along a little more.

Vaginal Prolapse

Vaginal Prolapse Guide