Is postinor 2 effective before sex?

I had postinor 2 yesterday and had sex today(less than 12 hours from the second pill yesterday) .
Should I take it again or is the pill still effective?

Welcome to EmpowHER. I am glad you reached out to us before taking another dose of Postinor 2.

Do not take another dose. Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. So, no need to take any more.

Postinor 2, like all emergency contraceptives, is intended to be used ONLY in emergency situation, when the used contraception, the condom, fails or breaks. It is designed to be effective when taken within 72 hours AFTER intercourse.

Oral contraceptives prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation and are the method of choice for regular protection.

Emergency Contraception