By Anonymous April 28, 2014 - 3:40pm

Hey I was wondering would pain in my top abdominal and my right sides mean anything with pregnancy ? I had my period and it was in time but does having your period mean your not pregnant I read on a lot of sights there's different answers but now in confused? Help please??

You are not pregnant if you have a monthly period.

Some women experience implantation bleeding. This is scanty, pink colored vaginal discharge that happens when the fertilized egg implants itself in the lining of the uterus. It stops within a day or two, whereas, a period can start out as spotting, but gets heavier and lasts five to seven days.

When you are pregnant, the fertilized eggs implants itself in the lining of the uterus. The lining remains intact. But, when you are not pregnant, the uterine lining is shed each month. That is what makes up the vaginal bleeding.

Anonymous, does this answer your question? I don't know what is causing the abdominal and right sided pain. If it worsens or persist, please contact your primary care physician.