By Anonymous April 7, 2015 - 7:39am

i found out i am about 4 weeks pregnant last month i had unprotected sex a week before my period was due. Surely my period did come last month but this month no period that is how i found out i thought i wasnt pregnant because my period came how is this even possible i need someone to explain

To be about 4 weeks pregnant, you had to have had unprotected intercourse around 14 days after the last day of your last period.

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Why did my period still occur then?

Guide (reply to Arlenecarter)

Hello Arlenecarter,

You need to discuss this with your gynecologist/obstetrician. I can only provide you, which I did, with general information regarding when (during ovulation) and how (unprotected intercourse) conception occurs.