Okay so I made a post a week or so ago about this but I cant find my post so I am going to rewrite it. I went to my gynecologist about changing my birth control pills. She decided to switch me from Trinessa (Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol Pill) to Lomedia (Norethindrone and Ethinyl Estradiol Pill). She wanted me to switch from Trinessa to Lomedia during the placebo week of Trinessa. I listened to her orders and did so on Sunday, September 18th. On Thursday, September 22, of that week I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Is pregnancy possible? I have been taking Lomedia around the same time I used to take Trinessa. Today, September 27th, I had red stringy discharge. Is this concerning? Am I pregnant?

I answered your previous question.

Norgestimate and Norethindrone are different generation progestins, found in combination pills (along with estrogen).

So they are very similar in makeup but made up from slightly different sources (including carbons). The science behind it is quite deep, you can look up their differences when you have time.

I'm not sure why your doctor had your switch but sometimes switching can cause spotting. We can't tell anyone if they are pregnant - you need a pregnancy test for that.

Please call your doctor (the one who had your switch pills) with your concerns. She will have deeper knowledge of these progestins and can explain certain side effects.