(pregnancy) clearblue hpt?

in a dilema at the moment, my period was due 28th (is always on time n heavy lasting 5-7 days) it did come but there's very very little it lasted 2days then just brownish when I wipe sorry tmi...( all the bleeding if added together wudnt fill 1 pad/tampon)
then 2day being the day it's left (day3) I did clearblue hpt (with colour changing tip)
within 5-10 min a thin blue line appeared making a + over the space of an hr it got thicker n darker..? Then did a 2nd cb hpt about 6 hrs late and it negitive. Do I take this as a positive? I dnt want to buy more test as I've spent so much on them...I've had 4 miscarrages this yr so dreading a bad outcome...already have 2 kids with my second didn't know I was preg till 3months due to still bleeding (if this information helps)..

Please some advice I'm driving myself insane.

Many thanks

Hi Janine

A positive pregnancy test is usually correct since the trigger is the pregnancy hormone that cannot appear unless your urine contains it.

To then get a negative test is very unusual unless you read the first one incorrectly. By the way, the thickening line over time is normal, either way.

I'm so sorry you have experienced so many miscarriages - that must be extremely difficult for you. Since you did get what seems like a positive result (and your bleeding may have been spotting, especially since it was not red in color) I think you should put a call into your doctor and get an official result, due to such a strong miscarriage history.

I know these tests are expensive but if you really want to know can't see a doctor until after the weekend, then think about getting a digital one.

Alternatively, go to a clinic near you - most offer free pregnancy testing and are generally open on Saturdays.

I really hope you get the result you want and please update us as soon as you can,

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines