Pregnancy Guide

DaisyN Guide

ask: Pregnancy or something else?

By AlysMommy

I had my daughter almost 5 months ago and had the mirena and then it fell out and got on the pill. Last couple of months with the pill my period was on time but before the pill I was constantly bleeding. Anyways this last cycle on the nonhormone pills of the pack, my period was 3 days late. I have been having pregnancy symptoms. I had the period for the rest of the pack. I am taking zoloft and the birth control pills and wondering if that had something to do with it being late even though been taking zoloft since 6 week postpartum check up. I took a couple of pregnancy tests and the ones from the dollar tree said negative and the equate brand at walmart said positive. I am soo confused and still experiencing nausea, headaches, bloating, fatigue (my baby sleeps through night and whatnot). Could I be pregnant or is this a just coincidene? Thank you in advance!

Hi Alysmommy

If one test is positive, then it's usually correct. If you take a digital test, you'll know for sure.

It often takes a few days on the inactive pills to bleed so this would not be considered "late".

Zoloft should not interfere with birth control pills. It will not affect their effectiveness.

Wait a few days and retest - also, you may be coming down with a virus that is causing you to feel unwell, it may not necessarily be pregnancy.

AlysMommy

Plus started having cramps last night. Not very comfortable and started the new pack of birth control pills the other day.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: