Pregnancy Stomach flu and Birth Contral

By June 10, 2011 - 7:48am

On and off for the last 3 weeks everyone in the house has had the stomach flu. I have had it at least once a week ( We have 4 kids and I take Humira). The first 2 weeks I was vomiting and had diarrhea for about 3 days. The 3rd week it only lasted for 1 day but was the 1st day of my 2nd week in the pack. The 1st week of the stomach flu was the last week of the pack. Week 2 was the 1st week of the pack and so forth. I hope that makes since... My husbend and I had unprotected sex twice during that time and we never even thought twice about it. Now I am worried that I might be preg. What are the chances? I never missed a pill but I was not even keeping down water.... OMG we do not need 5 kids....

Hi jenavieves

Thanks for your post and welcome!

If you were vomiting 3 days in a row then there is a risk that the medication came out with the vomit. Unfortunately, you're not going to know until/unless your period is late and you can test for pregnancy.

And in future, you should use a condom. I know it's not the most pleasant way to have sex and as a married couple, it's not "necessary" in terms of infection concerns, but it beats the fear of having another baby that you said you really don't want. Just have a few handy, in case!

Thanks for writing and I hope you get your period ASAP! Let us know and good luck to you-

My period is not due for 13day and my last pill is in 10 however I started bleeding today... Is it breakthough bleeding? Does this mean there is no chance of being pregnant?

HERWriter Guide (reply to jenavieves)

Hi again jenavieves!

We will never tell anyone there is no chance of being pregnant!

But it does sound like you are experiencing breakthrough bleeding, having missed 3 in a row. Unfortunately you will have to wait another two weeks to test. Are you still taking your Pill? If so, continue doing so.

Let us know how things go, I'm hoping for the best outcome for you!