By December 5, 2011 - 12:41pm

My boyfriend and I had sex Saturday, December 3rd, in which the condom broke. He ejaculated and kept the condom inside. So we did not notice that the condom had broke till he pulled out. My period is expected to arrive Wednesday, December 7th.
Also, the next day (Sunday) I noticed a little discharge and when going to bed, I also felt small cramps in my abdomen. Is that normal? I want to know if I am at risk of being pregnant?

Hi Kinsler5

Thanks for your post.

The fact that you had sex shortly before your period is due lessens your risk significantly but there is no guarantee that you won't get pregnant.

Your other symptoms may be PMS or due to worry that you are pregnant. The discharge was likely sperm (if it was clear or milky). You don't have long to wait for your period so just try to relax (easier said than done!) and wait it out.