Q: 

Pregnant?

Hi
I had sex April 30. Since then, I have had 3 periods that have been normal (5-7 days and very heavy which is normal for me). I am worried because I have been working out for a month or so now every other day, and I have not lost any weight nor gained any, yet my stomach seems larger. Could I be pregnant? Any assistance is appreciated! I have terrible anxiety and am stressing about the possibilities. So thank you In advance.

Anonymous

I HAVE A AVERAGE OF A 26 DAY CYCLE. LAST CYCLE I HAD WAS ON JUNE 18-25 (7DAYS) I HAD SEX 5 DAYS LATER ON JUNE 29 . (6 DAYS LATER) DAY 18 I STARTED EATING ALOT NON STOP ALWAYS HUNGRY I WENT OUT FOR LOBSTER DINNER 4 TIMES LAST WEEK. I HAVE SERIOUS BACK ACHES WHICH I NEVER GET RIGHT ABOVE MY BUM ON THE TAIL BONE , I FELT BLOATED AND I WAS FEELING SHARP CRAMPS OFF AND ON ONLY IN MY SIDE. NO SPOTTING BREASTS FEEL TINGLY . I'M ON DAY 26 AND I HAVE NOT HAD ONE PMS CRAMP USUALLY I WOULD GET CRAMPS OR MY POOP WOULD BE SOFT APPROCHING MY PERIOD BUT I FEEL NOTHING NO CRAMPS N POOP IS THICK NOT SOFT JUST GOT A CRAMPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE. BUT I'M ON DAY 26 NO PERIOD DO U THINK I'M PREGNANT?

It's possible to be pregnant when you have unprotected sex. Four lobster dinners maybe just means you like lobster as you're due today and it's too early to be having serious back pain (that generally comes in the last trimester).

Wait a few days and test for pregnancy if you don't get your period first.

Thanks for your post and welcome to EmpowHER!

Firstly, you're not pregnant if you are having regular periods every month. I would advice you to take a pregnancy test to confirm this; not because you may be pregnant (you're not) but some women need to see it for themselves on a test.

Regarding not losing weight after a month of working out - this is normal. Working out does burn calories but far fewer that many think. When it comes to weight loss, 80% of weight loss is due to calorie restriction and 20% of weight loss is due to exercise. So while working out is important for your all-round health, it's what you eat that really matters.

Make sure you are not eating too much per day and stick to healthy, unprocessed foods. Two cookies can be the equivalent of an hour long work out - it's depressing but true. And since it has only been a month, give your body more time to show results.

You can read more here to help you: http://www.empowher.com/wellness/weight-loss

Tags:

Weight Loss