Pregnant again ?

we were blessed with a baby boy on 4th Jan 2016. Since then, I have been breast feeding to my baby till date. I got my first period on 4th august 2016. I thought that second period would be on 2nd-4th Sept, so we had an unprotected sex. Is there any chance of pregnant again ? When,by date, I should test it with the pregnancy test kit if required ? We are not ready for second child so soon... Please advise.

If you are not ready for a baby don't have unprotected sex. Breastfeeding shouldn't be considered a form of birth control even though it can be helpful as a b.c. tool for some women. Once you have your cycle back, you are fertile.

If you are late for your next period, a test would be accurate by now but remember that you may just be irregular since your cycle has just started back.