Pregnant or not? Started 4 days late but it's very light

I was supposed to get my period last Wednesday or Thursday (I'm usually 29 or 30 days). It's Monday. Yesterday i thought I started but it's barely there and only brown today. I had cramps all weekend so I thought I would start any day. I still have cramps, though very mild. I'm not sure what's going on, and normally I would just wait and see (I'm married and knowingly not taking birth control, but we're not specifically trying so I'm fine with whatever the result is). I'm a cyclist though and I have a big ride this weekend, something I've been raising money for and training for all summer. It's 200 miles in 2 days, with rest stops and not a race, so I can take it easy if I have to. I just thought I'd see what you should do. I don't know anything, so I hate to bother my doctor, it's not even been a week. But I really don't know anything about being pregnant, if this is something that should be done or not. I can quit during the ride whenever I want. I rode 100 miles in 1 day about 2 weeks ago, so my body is prepared for it, but it's still a had thing to accomplish. I "bonked" on that ride too, at about 70 miles and just took it nice and easy in the last 30. That had never happened to me before, but it could be I just haven't trained as hard this summer. This is a yearly event, so I've done it before. I hate to not do what I can, but I just thought I'd see what my chances are of being pregnant or not. It may start heavier too, I just thought I'd ask now so I have time to get a response before the weekend. Hope this makes sense! Thanks

Taking this kind of exercise shouldn't be a factor in pregnancy health since you are used to it and have built up some stamina.

It does sound that you're getting your period (it may become stronger in the next few days) but since you're not using birth control you should take a pregnancy test to be sure.

Someone I know was an athlete and knew she was pregnant when she suddenly was unable to complete her strenuous workouts so the fact that you are also having difficulties may be a sign that you are pregnant.

If your period doesn't increase in the next day or so, take a pregnancy test - they are very accurate and then you'll know for sure.

Good luck with the test and your bike ride and please update us!