pregnant or perimenopause

I am a bit worried. I am daily regular and my expected period was last Sunday. I have taken three hot and all were negative. My husband had a vasectomy over a year ago and was given the all clear. I am 41. I am worried I am pregnant.I keep trying to remind myself that the chance would be very slim. My gyno told me by phone to call if I don't get my period by next Friday but I can't stop thinking about this. Just looking for some reassurance.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks very much Susan. I guess I read too much on the internet about vasectomies not being 100%. However, he had his done by one of the top urologists in NC. I am also wondering if I might have a cyst. I had one way back in college and was put on BC for that reason and having no periods. I stopped BC about a year ago after we got the all clear. My period resumed in a couple months and has been regular since. I just seem to get very anxious about this. Not sure if it might be stress related as well. We moved eight months ago from NC to Maine and just finished building a house. Also I just started a long term sub position.

Thanks again,

HERWriter Guide (reply to screech)

Hi Staci

I notice that you have posted many times on this topic. I think you need to talk to someone about your fears (that are not rational) of getting pregnant and not the physical aspect. You're not going to get pregnant but you do have an anxiety issue. Pregnancy tests and examinations are not going to help - you need to talk to someone about your anxiety - that's where the problem lies. 

Thanks Susan. You are right. I had a therapist in NC before we moved that was helping a lot. I need to find a new one that I connect with here at our new residence.

HERWriter Guide (reply to screech)

Hi Staci

I think that's a great idea. You shouldn't have to live with this kind of anxiety. Stay in touch with us! 

Thanks for your post and welcome! 

Pregnancy is highly unlikely - your husband is sterile and you have had multiple negative pregnancy test so let's assume pregnancy is not an issue. 

I wouldn't jump right in to perimenopause here - you may just be having an off cycle for no particular reason - a brief change in hormones or a change in body chemistry. 

But if it is down to perimenopause (a normal stage in life) then you have nothing to worry about. 

Read more on perimenopause here: 

Sorry that should say fairly regular in first post and hpt