Pregnant or Stress?

By June 26, 2009 - 12:31pm

Hi, I'm 19 and I am 4 days late. I was due on the 22nd. My cycle is USUALLY about 30 days. Me and my boyfriend had Protected sex like maybe a week after my last period. He said the condom didn't break, and he wouldn't lie to me. I've had a lot of stuff going on lately and i am really hoping that the lateness is due to stress or something...But i can't help stressing because ive never been this late before. If nothing happens within a couple of days im going to take the pregnancy test. My breasts are sensitive/sore, and they have been for about a week, it usually happens when i get ready to start but i havent yet! Im really worried...

Oh that's great! If you are nearly a week late and your test is negative then you are more than likely going to see "your friend" (and in this instance it's will be a great friend!) any day now.

Keep us posted, I'm sure it's on it's way and keep up having protected sex, you're doing the right thing!

Update! I was too scared to keep waiting. Went out and got a test. Test came out negative! Thank goodness.... Hopefully that will help me calm down and then it'll come.

Hi Shygirl!

Thanks for your question and welcome to Empowher!
If you are having protected sex, you are probably just late. It could be for any number of reasons - stress, worry etc, or your cycle might be a tad off for no particular reason. Of course, you may be pregnant - there is always that chance.

If you are 4 days late, you might want to go ahead and take a pregnancy test as you are late enough to get an immediate (2-3 minutes) answer. At least you can put your mind to rest.
At 19, I don't blame you for being worried about pregnancy so a test will give you instant ease of mind!
Will you let us know the result?

So Far still nothing. I was going to give it a few days before i took the test, if nothing happend sunday, i was going to take one monday. I am contemplating on just doing it sooner. God i hope that it comes soon...