Pressure above right ear?

By Anonymous February 28, 2014 - 11:23am

For several months I've been experiencing pressure above my right ear. I notice it as I'm going to sleep or laying on my right side. It's not painful, but is a noticeable pressure going from my right temple/hairline to above my right ear. It has become more frequent recently. Was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

I have not experienced this myself but my first thought was bruxism - teeth grinding. But since this discomfort is so high up, this isn't likely to be the case. 

You could possibly have an inner ear infection or something going on with your sinuses. Do you hold your cell phone over your right ear when talking? Are you talking on your cell phone a lot?

I hope someone here can give you the benefit of their experiences but it sounds like you need a medical evaluation. Have you seen a doctor about this?