ask: Probability of pregnancy?

By Angelwings23

My cycles are 33 days long. My last period was November 4th. I had sex throughout the month of November using a condom everytime. On November 25th we used a condom but it busted. We didn't notice it had busted until we were finished. It had busted to the point where his "fluids" were dripping from the condom.
My next cycle is due on December 7th. Is there a possibility I could be pregnant and IF I am, would my period be coming on the 7th of December? Thanks!

Angelwings23

My period started yesterday so I guess I have my answer although I am shocked to see it so early. It started on the 2nd but wasn't due until the 7th. Is this normal??

Angelwings23

Also I must add that I do have PCOS so I don't know if that would affect the probability? Even with my PCOS though I do have regular 33 day cycles.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Angelwings23)

Hi again!

PCOS can definitely hinder a woman's chance of pregnancy but since you ovulate regularly you could be pregnant. Test around the 7th - it'll be more accurate then.

Angelwings23

Ok thanks for your comment. Can you tell me about when you think I should test? My period is due on the 7th (this Friday) so should I just wait it out or test?

Angelwings23

Thanks for your comment. I have tried multiple online ovulation calculators and they all put me as ovulating at different days. Some say the 21st, some say the 23rd and some say between the 20th-25th. I know you said a couple of days beforehand but would it be better to just wait until I miss my period?
Also, right now I have a cold and I am coughing alot sometimes violently could this cause any damage?

Hi Angelwings23

No coughing - even really hard - will not hurt a baby.

Most pregnancy tests are accurate a few days before a period is due but you can certainly wait a few extra days for even more accuracy.

Hi Angelwings23

Since you had accidental unprotected sex around what would appear to be your ovulation time, pregnancy is a risk. If you are pregnant, you will not get your period. You can take a test a couple of days before your period is due but if you miss it, certainly take a test then.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: