Prolapse Uterine surgery Failed now what?

By December 9, 2009 - 8:50am

Hello I am a 42 year old female that just had hysterectomy and prolapse sling with mesh and a anal sling also, now my uterus is falling out again, and i dont see my obgyn till next friday i am very worried about this situation,... i was wondering if there was anyone here that can help me out to what would be the next option would be after the sling or wouuld they just do the sling agaiin? or what? thank u Julie ann

Hi Julie

Thanks for clearing that up so that we can help you out a little bit more.

Firstly, do know that some women have had to have several lifts in order to see some success. For some, surgery is what works - kegals and other options do not. I can imagine how frustrating that can be.

Please read this link here that can help you a bit more:

What kind of bladder lift did you have? Did you have the one where they cut you open (an abdominal anterior urethropexy) or did you have the sling done?

I am just sorry i was misrepresented and it is my bladder that fell out. Now i guess they will have to do another bladder lift . i am thinking. thanks for your heads up i had to call the doctor to get this figureed out. .Julie

Dear jewel9

Thanks so much for your question. I'm so sorry that this procedure failed for you. It doesn't work for a lot of women so you're not alone in your situation.

I am not understanding when you say you had a hysterectomy and your uterus is now slipping out again....you don't have a uterus anymore, if you've had a hysterectomy. Do you mean another body part? I may not be interpreting your question properly-can you let me know a little more so that we can help you further?

Thanks Julie and we look forward to helping you out-