prolonged period

I'm 29 years old and this month I'm on my period for longer than my normal 7 days. is this normal since I've been on my period going on 11 days now. will my period stop by itself? my period is not heavy, only light and spotting.

Periods can change for many reasons including lifestyle changes, medication, exercise, moving, stress or even a change in body chemistry. Our periods are dictated by our hormones and our hormones are very sensitive to other/outside influences.

11 days of bleeding is pretty significant but it sounds like it's tapering off. You may be experiencing an unusual month for the above reasons but if this bleeding continues or you bleed that much next month, consult your doctor for a checkup.