ask: Protected sex and took next choice one dose pill?

By Cecy28

So I had PROTECTED SEX on the 14th this month he didn't finish inside of me. After my protected sex I wanted to be extra safe so I took next choice one dose pill 4 hours after. That same week I instantly felts use effects for example fatigue, abdominal pain, nausea/ sick to the stomach. But I also have an irregular period I have a 34/36 day cycle my last period was December 24th. I am not sure when I ovulate. It's now been 2 weeks since taking the pill during these 2 weeks I've had clear discharge till this date however I've had white discharge only once. I have my period for 2 months and then I don't get it for one month. Sometimes I miss 2 months. Can I become pregnant even though I had protected sex and took next choice one dose pill 4 hours after protected sex. What are my chances? I've been frustrated and scared, worried, depressed because I haven't received my period. But then again I am irregular. What are my chances Of pregnancy?

Hello Cecy28,

Together, protected sex (using a condom or using birth control) and Next Choice should prevent pregnancy. Since you have a history of irregular menstrual cycles, determining your dates of ovulation and knowing when you should be concerned about a possible pregnancy can be challenging and difficult.

If you are really concerned, you can schedule an appointment with your gynecologist. If you are due for an annual exam, this may be a good opportunity.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: