Puffy Nipples

So this is, like, really weird. My nipples become puffy out of nowhere. When it happens they get realy sensitive and tender. The puffyness will just go away if I bump in to anything or if anyhting touches them. I've read online, and it says that guys get it, but I'm a teenage girl. Its annoying becuase I cant wear sport bras becuase they stick out too much. Even if I'm going to workout, I have to wear a paded bra. It doesn't happen in certain conditions or anything, its just random. It has been happening for about 1 1/2 to 2 years.

OMG!! that happens to me too!! at first they're puffy and then when i touch them they go flat! haha weird huh? x) and btw i have a flat chest! ^_^

Hi itstricky

Your situation is not as weird as you think. Hormonal changes can cause this to happen and since you're a teen and this has been happening for a couple of years now, that's likely what's going on. The puffiness may be connected to puberty. They may flatten out as you grow older but for now, you'll just have to carry on.

Are your breasts elongated at all (not round)? You may have tuberous breasts, this isn't uncommon either. It's hard being a teen and thinking that no-one else is going through what you are. I used to think that all the time. But breasts and nipples come in ALL sorts of shapes and sizes!

thank you susan, i was worried.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide