By May 26, 2011 - 9:19am

Hello,there was a question i asked but you didnt reply back and i have one question how many years someone can live after being treated with chemo and radio therapy for cervical cancer stage 2A what to expect how many years can survive?

Hi Khalfann

Thank you for your question. A women can live a long and normal life after successful treatment of cervical cancer! However, we have a wonderful advocate for the education of men and women regarding the HPV virus and the cancers it causes so I will contact her to see if she can help you. She also happens to be a Registered Nurse.

Please check back soon for her response.

I did not personally receive your question to reply however Susan has made me aware of your concerns.

Obviously there are a number of factors which can affect affect survival rates for individuals with cancer regardless of the stage. With that said, it is my understanding that you are spcifically requesting statistics relating to a stage 2A cervical cancer.

Obviously these statistics are based on large numbers of people and are not a predictor of any one individuals outcome however the data regarding five year survival rates for a stage 2A ranges between 63 to 67 percent. However, given changes and advances in treatment since the collection of these statistics may lend itself to higher survival rates. I hope this addresses your question.