Question about breast implants

By April 15, 2009 - 11:24am

I had silicon breast implants in 1985 but recently one of them ruptured so I had to have them replaced. The Dr. who replaced them dug out a larger pocket to get all the gel & we chose saline & more cc's since in 23 years I had lost so much tissue. The problem was that he was supposed to stitch the sides & bottom of the pockets. He didn't so it left me with implants hanging under my nipples (even with the lift I paid extra for) & under my armpits. The left implant under my armpit more than the other & that nipple much lower than the other. The Dr. offered to fix it for $1,600. It cost my husband every cent we had to get it done in the first place plus my husband had to take out a loan.

I live in a small western NC town & I am being blackballed by all the attorneys & Dr's here. I've even been violated by one of my Dr.'s here. This is getting so out of hand I'm fearing for my safety & that of my children. I am up against a "Good old boy" mentality here Alysiak. A bit like Deliverance. Do I have any recourse?

Dear Damnyankee, after reading your posting I felt horrified just thinking what you must be going through. You are very brave to have gone through the surgery in 1985 and now having to experience the side effects of leakage and overall quality of care you are experiencing.

I would also like to understand what you meant by being afraid of your safety. Have you received threats? Have you contacted the local police? Who do you think is creating the feeling of "unsafety", the doctor? the attorneys? What does your husband think about all this? How is he handling as a male the whole situation?

In addition to the State Board, you may want to consider contacting the Americal Medical Association (AMA) and file a complaint against this doctor. Find out which hospital does he practice at and file a consumer/patient complaint with the hospital. They will do an internal investigation and decide whether or not there is negligence on his part and if there is, they may revoke his medical privileges.

Wish you the best. Hang in there!

Thank you so much for connecting with Empowher.com.

Have you gone to your State's Medical Board and filed an official complaint?

When you say you fear for the safety of you and your children, can you explain more what you mean by that?

I'm sorry your surgery has gone so terribly. Most breast augmentations go very well, but some do cause many complications.

The North Carolina Medical Board is located at

1203 Front St
Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 326-1100

and you can find them online at

Have you talked with them yet? What have they said about your situation?

Please update us!

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide