Skin, Hair & Nails

Skin, Hair & Nails Guide

ask: A question about dry skin....

By TheBoldBlend

I drink a ton of water and eat plenty of healthy fat. Why is my skin still so dry in the winter? Is there anything I can do?

AMO

I agree with the poster above on everything. Make sure you apply a rich moisturizer within 5 minutes of getting out of the shower. I started doing some work with Eucerin last year, and ever since I've kept a bottle of Plus Smoothing Essentials in the bathroom for after showers and even after I wash my hands. My skin dries out SO fast otherwise. Good luck!

Winter weather is harsh. Exposure to cold outdoor temperatures and dry indoor environments lead to dry skin.

In addition to drinking plenty of water, use a good moisturizer on your skin. When outdoors, wear gloves and apply a moisturizer with sunscreen to your face.

Avoid long hot showers or baths, use warm water instead. Consider purchasing a humidifier for your home.

Wear latex gloves when washing dishes. Apply hand lotion throughout the day and after exposure to soap and water.

I hope these suggestions are helpful,

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: