Question in on the pill for almost a year this sept. I think I made a mistake and took EC pill

By April 1, 2015 - 8:00pm

On Saturday up to this point I have not missed a pill. I'm having small cramps and it cannot be my period because I'm on the first week of the 9th pack of pill. Am I okay ?

Thank you Susan. I will read about lutera.

No I actually took both on the same day the pill and EC because I have intercourse on the very first pill of the 9th pack.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Laila100)

Hi again!

There was no need to take EC - you are covered with just the Pill.  You are covered all the time by taking the Pill, even during the week you take no active Pills (just the placebos). If you are taking the Pill 21 days every month, taking the 7 days off and restarting a new pack after 7 days, there is never any need to use a backup to avoid pregnancy.  Read up about the Pill you are taking so that you know exactly how it works.

Hi Laila100

Thanks for your post - I'm not sure what the issue is. Are you saying you took an EC pill instead of your regular pill? 

If so, keep taking your pills every day. Pregnancy shouldn't be an issue. These side effects may be due to the EC pill. They should be gone in a few days.