Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Random spotting and cramps after protected sex

My boyfriend and I had sex on October 12th using a spermicidal condom. We checked the condom and all seemed ok. This was also around the time I believed I was going to ovulate. He also pulled out before he came. A week later on the 18th he performed manual sex and oral sex on me. On the 19th I started cramping and it hurt more than a usual period cramp would, and on the 20th I had brown / dark red spotting. Since then, I've had random cramps and that same brown/dark red spotting every day for almost 6 days now. I'm due for my period tomorrow, but I'm not sure what might be causing this spotting for almost a week before my period. I have spotted in between periods before for the past few months and I think I might have ovarian cysts, but I have never spotted several days in a row. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would like to welcome you to the EmpowHER community and thank you for reaching out to us to help find the cause of your vaginal spotting and cramping.

Anonymous, your symptoms are similar to the symptoms associated with an ovarian cyst. Menstrual irregularities and pelvic pain that occurs shortly before the start of a period are just two of them.

The majority of ovarian cysts are harmless, cause little or no discomfort, and disappear without treatment within a month or two.

But, since you have been experiencing spotting and cramping for a few months, it might be time to schedule an appointment with a gynecologist.
A physical and pelvic exam will provide answers and may put your mind at ease.

Regards,

How do you control your PMS?: