really light period?

Hello...I am a 28 year old and have PCOS with very very irregular periods. I hadn't had a period in about a year and a half and it came last month, but was so light that it hurt to wear a tampon and when I used a panty liner, nothing came out...it was brownish when I wiped and never really got red like periods in the past. I also had absolutely no cramping and no breast tenderness...my cramps are usually debilitating and my breasts are usually extremely tender before and during. I just started my period again today and didn't know until I went to use the restroom and wiped...it was brown again..no cramps or tenderness and I've had a panty liner on for 4 hours and not a drop has come out. Has anybody else experienced similar issues? Thank you for your help!

Hi akb3

Thank you for your question! 

It sounds like you aren't really getting a period since this is old blood - old blood is brown in color. 

As I am sure you know, symptoms of PCOS include

• Irregular menstrual periods or no menstrual period (amenorrhea )
  • Infertility
  • Hair growth on face and body
  • Weight gain
  • Obesity
  • Acne
  • Dark patches of skin on neck, groin, and arm pit

Rarely, symptoms include:

• Deep voice
  • Temporal (right or left side of forehead) balding

Akb3, even if you haven't had a period in about 18 months and have two months of some brown discharge, it still probably doesn't count as a period, rather just a symptom of PCOS. 

I hope other women who read this who have PSOS can also give you their feedback! 

Thank you for your reply! It became bright red blood mixed with the old blood...but it's still super light. Could this be just my body"flushing"out build up from not having a period in so long?

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Guide