Regarding PCOD

By Anonymous March 20, 2012 - 10:52am

This is Ance. Iam 27 yrs old. Am having PCOD and am taking metformin tablet for 10 days..Doctor told me that if i take this metformin tablet for 3 months , then I have a chance of getting pregnant..But still am confused in this..i need to get pregnant for sure..Can anyone help me out in this??

Thanks Susan

PCOD or PCOS as it is also known, can affect a woman's fertility.

Metformin is used to treat diabetes, PCOS and some other conditions.

For PCOS, it can help a woman ovulate and thus get pregnant. Your doctor wants you to try this to see if it helps with getting you pregnant. You will have to give this medication time to work and it may or may not work. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that any woman can get pregnant. If you have just started it, you will need to give it several months to work, because ovulation only happens for about 24 hours every month. Good luck with it and I hope you have good news for us soon!