My boyfriend wants us to continue a living apart relationship.I can only see him when his daughters are not at his home and can only phone him when they are not around.I find this relationship very restricting as it is primarily confined to weekends together......Any advice would be welcomed...Thank you.....Jay

Hello Jay,

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for reaching out to our community for insight and advice.

Your boyfriend's daughters play a significant role in his life and I would assume in his decision to keep your relationship to a weekends only situation. Were you hoping to move in with him?

Have you discussed this with him? I can appreciate that you feel restricted. But, in a relationship, it is very important to consider and respect how the other person feels, and to work at a compromise.

How old are his daughters? Do they live with him most of the time? How long have you been in this relationship?

Relationships & Family

Relationships & Family Guide