Rough sex caused bleeding or period to come early?

By June 21, 2015 - 6:36pm

I had sex last Wednesday and Thursday (June 10 & 11) and it was a little rough, but not extreme. A few days after, I started spotting and cramping badly. (I'm not supposed to have a period again until July 10th) I've read up on it and women have said they've bled for 2 or 3 days very lightly. It's been 5 for me now, and it's not full on period flow, but it's heavy enough for me to need a pad or I'd ruin my panties. I'm also still cramping. PLEASE HELP ME! I don't know what to do; I'm at a loss.

Update: (update #1 : June 21) The bleeding hasn't stopped, and the flow has gotten much heavier. I'm pretty much having a period now. This is day 8. Can sex cause a period to come a whole month early?

Sex can certainly stimulate a period to come early, but only by a few days. So if you had sex on a Monday and your period was due on the Thursday, it wouldn't be uncommon to see it arrive on Tuesdays or Wednesday.

However, rough sex should not cause a period to come a full month early - soon after your last period, unless you are bleeding due to an injury if the sex was very rough. Could this be the case?

If not, I would suggest you talk to your doctor about the possible causes of this kind of heavy bleeding.