Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Seafood makes my vagina smell?

So this might seem like a weird problem but ever since I can remember when I eat seafood such as fish, scallions, shrimp, etc. It cause my vagina to have a fishy smell. Its always the next day after I eat the seafood and only lasts for that one day, then its back to its normal, odorless smell. Their is no change in discharge, its not thicker or abnormally colored, there is no burning or itching or any other symptoms. Is this normal? Could this be some weird allergic reaction? Thanks!

Anonymous

Thanks!!!! I will try some of these! Because I was wondering what the heck is wrong with me. Whew, thanks again for the suggestions:-)

Anonymous

It goes away! don't use anything in/on your vagina that will disrupt your flora and make it worse ( wipes and sprays). I take Ultimate Flora probiotics by Renew Life when I'm out of balance and it puts everything to right! Not to mention aids digestion!

Anonymous

I have the same problem. Doctors recommend drinking cranberry juice or V8 fruit juice.

Anonymous

Buy some FDS(Feminine deodorant spray or use feminine wipes. We ALL experience this smell after eating seafood. It's not BV!!!

Anonymous

i think my discharge have a shrimp-like odor. is it possible that i have a vaginosis?

Anonymous

Does anyone else share such an experience?! I'm allergic to raw seafood but I have no problem eating it when its cooked! Thank God because I love seafood!

Anonymous

People this is not BV! I have the same issue but only when I eat processeded fish like frozen fish or fish sandwhiches from fast food places . When I eat fresh fish the smell is no issue. I mean the fresh whole fish, now I. Don't know what to say about the other seafood unless you live near the ocean and you get your seafood fresh that might be a start! Once anything becomes processed it is no good for the body! (Forgive me for the typos)

I eat fresh fish shrimp and crab straight from the water to my kitchen and experience this. It has nothing to do with the process because unlike you when i eat proceeded fish there is no reaction

Anonymous

I don't eat Seafood, but I work with it, ALL THE TIME, but I seem to be having the same problem. However, if I stop working for a day or two, then the smell goes away.

Anonymous

I have this same issue. Onions also create the same smelly day after odor, but with onions the smell is under my nails and in my armpits. My husband, thank goodness, has a great sense of humor (as do I) so we can joke about it. I have learned to limit my fish consumption to the first couple of days of my period, when I won't be having sex anyway. The smell also seems to be less pungent during this time, maybe because my system is cleaning itself out? I refuse to give up fish, because I love it. I have also used thin pads with odor protection if I am going to be out and about to prevent any embarassing moments.

How do you control your PMS?: