Seafood makes my vagina smell?

By April 26, 2012 - 6:49am

So this might seem like a weird problem but ever since I can remember when I eat seafood such as fish, scallions, shrimp, etc. It cause my vagina to have a fishy smell. Its always the next day after I eat the seafood and only lasts for that one day, then its back to its normal, odorless smell. Their is no change in discharge, its not thicker or abnormally colored, there is no burning or itching or any other symptoms. Is this normal? Could this be some weird allergic reaction? Thanks!

Anonymous

So I am so very glad to find you all! This has happened to me every single time I eat fish or seafood! And it does go away in a day or 2. I like and eat more fish than any other protein and didn't want to give it up! Now I know that I am not alone, I can rest easy. Especially since I try my best to observe a healthy and active lifestyle!!

Anonymous

I'm a guy and this happens to me as well. The problem is that it's all u can eat crab legs and I absolutely go to town on them. Then my dick smells like freaking fishy crab for the next 3 days. When it's really bad, even my sweat has a hint of crab smell to it. Anyway, now all you women know this is not only your problem but ours too. I didn't know about the cranberry juice thou. I'll have to try that next time I pig out on crab legs again.

Hey I missed the cranberry trick. What does it consist of?

Thanks

Drink cranberry juice or take the pills.. it even said put some in bath water... i also read white vinager and salt... or lemmon water... i like the lemmon water... it flushes the system faster

Anonymous

I new I was not the only one! Lol.. for me its shrimp or shell fish like crab and lobster. Its soo annoying. Damn it why dont men have issues like this. Im so sick of having a Vagina. Hahaha..

Anonymous

I am glad I'm not the only one with this problem! I told my husband about it the last time I ate fish and he thought I was crazy lol. I had fish last night and today I smell like Nemo and all his friends found their way into my drawers. I FOUND NEMO PEOPLE! Anywho..lol, I'm going to try the cranberry pills for sure. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Anonymous

Omg, I thought like I was loosing my mind when this happened the first time. It was more funny saying this I to Google that brought up you beautiful woman. I might add I was busting a freaking gut at the comments too, I so enjoyed this conversation. Thanks so much for the cranberry idea, I'm on my way to the kitchen to pop a bottle. You ladies rock.

Anonymous

This condition is due to an inability to digest TMA in seafood, it's like oils found in seafood. It may smell like it's coming from your vagina but its really eliminated through sweat and urine. You can Google this for more info. Forgot the scientific name for it but that's basically where the issue is coming from. It's very common but because of the stigma with women and body odor a lot of people go on not knowing why this happens to them.

Anonymous

So I just tried sushi first time crab and scallops and plus... Is there any other ways besides pills to handle the #smell# down there??? Like baking soda in hot bath or what??? There's gotta be some home remedies.. yougart??even .. I don't know???!! Can someone help
Give the answers to me home.remedies and well
Pill route??

Here's a name of a pill that can take away the odor from your vagina. Metronidazole 500 MG