Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Seafood makes my vagina smell?

By AFMorgan1-1

So this might seem like a weird problem but ever since I can remember when I eat seafood such as fish, scallions, shrimp, etc. It cause my vagina to have a fishy smell. Its always the next day after I eat the seafood and only lasts for that one day, then its back to its normal, odorless smell. Their is no change in discharge, its not thicker or abnormally colored, there is no burning or itching or any other symptoms. Is this normal? Could this be some weird allergic reaction? Thanks!

Anonymous

Agree I have same with prawns and white fish but not anything with tuna.after reading this I tried the lemon juice thing, and it worked hardly any odour. Read some where that charchoal helps balance the oils in the fish when goes in to your body.

Anonymous

Ok, i thought i was the only one having this issue. My husband made angel hair pasta with homemade clam sauce 2 nites ago. Last nite we had sex and all i cud smell afterward is a fishy smell. It was embarrassing. I know anytime i ingest any kind of seafood or even touch it i have this problem. So what i wud start doing is eating seafood when i have my period because then i know we dont have sex then so im safe. Lolol! One of u said u work around seafood but do not eat it. If i handle seafood or onions i get the smell of what i touch. Garlic, onions and seafood. I wud reccommend using gloves when handling seafood.

I also retain the smell of onions and garlic is I touch them. I don't have to eat them for this to happen. As for the seafood, I only eat it during my period as well, because then I know my husband and I won't be having sex then either. It is nice to know that I am not the only one who does this! Lol.

Anonymous

It is very normal for . Woman and or men to have the scent of a fishy smell after congesting. I do feel the amount of water you have consumed makes the difference in the level of smell. The more water the less odor

Anonymous

Thanks!!!! I will try some of these! Because I was wondering what the heck is wrong with me. Whew, thanks again for the suggestions:-)

Anonymous

It goes away! don't use anything in/on your vagina that will disrupt your flora and make it worse ( wipes and sprays). I take Ultimate Flora probiotics by Renew Life when I'm out of balance and it puts everything to right! Not to mention aids digestion!

Anonymous

I have the same problem. Doctors recommend drinking cranberry juice or V8 fruit juice.

Anonymous

Buy some FDS(Feminine deodorant spray or use feminine wipes. We ALL experience this smell after eating seafood. It's not BV!!!

Anonymous

i think my discharge have a shrimp-like odor. is it possible that i have a vaginosis?

Anonymous

Does anyone else share such an experience?! I'm allergic to raw seafood but I have no problem eating it when its cooked! Thank God because I love seafood!

How do you control your PMS?: