Q: 

Seafood makes my vagina smell?

By April 26, 2012 - 6:49am

So this might seem like a weird problem but ever since I can remember when I eat seafood such as fish, scallions, shrimp, etc. It cause my vagina to have a fishy smell. Its always the next day after I eat the seafood and only lasts for that one day, then its back to its normal, odorless smell. Their is no change in discharge, its not thicker or abnormally colored, there is no burning or itching or any other symptoms. Is this normal? Could this be some weird allergic reaction? Thanks!

Anonymous

I'm 20 years old and I have been experiencing this every time I eat seafood for at least 3-4 years

Anonymous

I tried getting rid of the horrid lobstee/vagina smell by wiping down my vagina with a vinegar/water solution but it did nothing. TIME is the only thing that helped get rid of that gross lobster/vagina smell.

Anonymous

Lobster gives .me THE WORST vagina odor and it lasts for 3-4 days. Worse than any pre or post period smell. Something awful. So, if I'm out to dinner and I know I'll be seeing my boyfriend on any of the 5 day following this dinner, I just NEVER order lobster.

Anonymous

I also suffer from this but over the years I have noticed that if I am near to my period like the day before or during my period if I eat seafood I do not have the side effects of eating seafood.anyone else notice this? I have always felt that my hormones were off and causing this terrible seafood nightmare .

Anonymous

Im curious to know the ages of women experiencing this. I didnt have this problem until I was well into menopause( age 53). I am 60 and still have this problem. Happy to know there is a remedy.

I am 37. Have been experiencing the same thing for at least the last 10 years.

I m 59 and I noticed the same thing when I eat fish, only in the last year...so glad others have the same problem and it's not me.Mine last's for 2days.

Anonymous

I have come to this site obviously because I suffer the same issue. Usually my answer has been to just avoid seafood unless I'm going to be around nobody but myself for the day. However, recently my body turns against me if I eat any protein other than seafood, so I came looking for some help. I will totally be incorporating the cranberry pills and pineapple.

Anonymous

If you drink lemon water during your fish dinner it won't happen. I found this trick about a year ago!!!

Anonymous

Happy I'm not the only one having this issue..i ate shark for the 1st time in a long time yesterday and woke up with a fishy smell down under..not to pungent but still there..thought it was a bv infection(not as strong though and no discharge) but this article has put my mind at ease. Thank you everyone.