Second period in four days, help?

It has happened before on my old birth control, then I had a period every other week. Now on my new birth control, I've been on for about three months, I got my period on 1/7/15, spotting two days before I started, it ended on the 14th and for three days after I had brown discharge and started bleeding (my second period this month) on the 18th. Recently I have been getting on/off sharp pains near my belly button and mid abdomum area, I also had unprotected sex on one of the days I was spotting. I thought I had sovled the problem whenI switched birth control but here it is doing the same thing three months later..

Thanks for your post. 

Unprotected sex means you missed your pills. This could be the cause of your spotting. 

Some women cannot take the birth control pill - it causes them physical discomfort and irregular bleeding - the very thing it's supposed to stop (along with pregnancy). 

I think it's a good idea to see a doctor about these pains you are getting. You may have a cyst or something that is causing abdominal discomfort.  Your doctor may choose to do an exam or a quick scan to make sure there is nothing going in inside. 

This is also a good opportunity for you to talk to him/her about different methods of birth control that may suit you better. 

Will you keep us posted?

Hi Susan,
I went to my doctor, she told me to stay on my birth control and see how it works out next month, my second period this month has lasted for about 6-8 days and still going strong. As for the pain she tested my urine and prescribed me with Sulfamethox-Tmp 800mg, 6 pills, I take my last one in the morning, then have to go back in for a follow-up. Through after that I will be switching doctors because the one I have now has been brushing off other matters that I feel are important, like sharp pain in my left shoulder blade and a few months ago when I had a kidney infection, I went to the ER, the pain was so bad it hurt to move and breath, a few days after she told me to put a heating pad on my side and excersize, I'm fit for my body type.

Sounds like she thinks you have a UTI.

I hope you feel better soon and good luck changing doctors, I know how awful it is when you have a bad one.