Second period hasn't arrived after taking Postinor 2?

By January 4, 2016 - 10:16pm

Me and my girlfriend has unprotected sex on November 14th 2015. It was dumb but we were smart enough not to continue the ordeal. There was limited penetration, I was "inside" of her for about 5 seconds and pulled out, dry. Pretty sure there was no pre-ejaculate nor ejaculation. Then we'd continue other activities without penetration to the vagina, such as a oral whatsoever. I finished by myself and did not ejaculate in her, nor even on her body - and I went to shower and cleaned myself as well as pee to make sure there wasn't any semen and sperm left.

We went to buy some food and then ate it. We went to bed and somehow we did it again. It was around 2 hours after the last "sex"
I then stuck it inside her again, for no more than 5 seconds. I guess I wanted to feel what it was like and then pulled out and played around the outside of her vagina. There wasn't any pre-ejaculate, as to my knowledge.
Sorry for being too graphic. I didn't finish this time since she had to go.
Two days later she took EC (Postinor 2) on November 16th. She received her period on November 31st and it lasted for 7 days. A little heavier than usual but it was pretty normal. We were relieved that she got her period.
Now it is January 5th, she is now late 6 days and I am very concerned. She had a flu that consisted of coughing, runny nose, headaches, blockage and a sore throat on December 25 and it went away around December 31st/January 1st.
I was wondering if being 6 days indicate that she is pregnant? She hasn't reported any pregnancy symptoms so far and she has been healthy just like before. Could it be the side effect of the EC as well as having the flu?
I look forward to see any comments or opinions on this matter.
Thank you.

Hi RayG421

If there was no ejaculation at all, there was no need to take EC although unprotected sex - twice - is really not smart if you're not ready to be parents.

Since she had her period since, pregnancy is not possible anyway. But EC can affect the cycle so she may be late due to this. It's important to only take EC in real emergencies (not "just in case") because it has many side effects. I'm sure her cycle will settle down this month.

Hello Susan,
Thank you for replying. Just a little more information I would like to add. I hope this isn't too graphic, and I will try my best not to sound disgusting.
As you have read, I finished on the first sex by myself, went to the bathroom and took a bath, mainly around my genitals just to clean the semen and sperm, as well as peed. Then we had sex around 2 hours later. Would there be any sperm left if I cleaned it with water? Even if I haven't washed myself, would the sperm have died after 2 hours outside?
She had reported on January 3rd that her breast were sore, just like her PMS, but today she said it has gone away.
Would it be smart to invest in some pregnancy test if she does not get her period this month?

Thank you,
Ray.

HERWriter Guide (reply to RayG421)

Hi Ray

You really need to educate yourself on your own body and how it works, especially sexually. Try menshealth.com for more info - we are a site focused primarily on women's health.

From what you have said above, pregnancy still can't occur. Your girlfriend can take as many pregnancy tests as she likes, that's not for us to say but obviously if she doesn't get her period in January, that's a good idea.

Again, it doesn't sound like she can get pregnant - at all. Don't stress around her, you'll make her feel worse. Relax.

Hello Susan,
Thank you for your reply. I am sorry if I am not a woman, haha. I am here on behalf of my girlfriend.

HERWriter Guide (reply to RayG421)

I know you are male but you have many questions on how your own sex organs work which is why I suggested you learn more about how YOU work, since you are the one who can get someone pregnant :)

Hello Susan,
This is the 7th day now and she hasn't bad her period. I am afraid that pre-ejaculate might've entered her vagina but this is rather unlikey because I was in her for no more than 3-4 times.
I guess she has been stressing about her grades in college. She is failing on some subjects. Passively stressing, I should say.
I have read some women received her period and she got pregnant. Could you throw some light on this?
Thank you,
Ray.

HERWriter Guide (reply to RayG421)

Women can bleed in pregnancy but they don't get menstrual periods.

Have your girlfriend see a doctor. There is nothing more we can do to assist in this as it's all speculation - we can't give any facts. This is the nature of emergency contraception and sex without condoms. It's not fun. I highly doubt she's pregnant from what you have said. Realistically, a website can't give you the details you're looking for, as every woman and circumstance is different. We're just going around in circles. Have her see someone.

Hello Susan,
I am happy to announce that my girlfriend has had her period today. She was 10 days late. I would like to thank again for the replies.

Thank you,
Ray.

Hello Susan,
I'm glad to say that her period finally arrived today. She was 10 days late. Drove me insane. I appreciate replying to my posts and giving me advice.

Thank you,
Ray.

Hello Susan,
Thank you for your reply. The thing is - my girlfriend is not stressed at all with the situation and keeps assuring me that it is normal. Therefore, she is refusing any professional help and that is why I am here on the internet. If I was her, I would get some pregnancy tests and consult a professional to just get this out of the way. Sadly, she refuses. She even refuses talking to a local pharmacist, saying that it is pointless.

Thank you,
Ray.