By March 15, 2016 - 2:51pm

I'm slightly unsure of what's going on. I am just wondering about what my first step should be. I guess I'll start at the beginning. I typically have an irregular period but last month I experienced something I never have in my nearly 10 years of cycles. My period started light like always but never picked up and instead I started getting a dark discharge (it was practically black). I talked to a family member who said it's normal to get because it could be just old blood, I knew that was possible so I didn't worry even though I never got my normal period. This was all about a month ago. Now the past few days I have been experiencing (dirty talk) urgent diarrhea. It hits me all at once and frequent and is accompanied with nausea and extreme fatigue. I haven't eaten anything I haven't before and no one else in the house is experiencing this. I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice to ease my mind. (side note: My boyfriend and I never use protection during intercourse because we are trying for a baby) Do I need to make a Dr apt since this has been happening for 2-3 days and if not is there anyone with advice on what to do from here? Thank you for your time and any help you can give.

Hi JustMe13

It sounds like you may have picked up some sort of virus, evidenced by your nausea, fatigue and diarrhea. You could have picked this up anywhere, from food or even a door handle. You should keep yourself well-rested and hydrated until this passes. Take an anti-diarrhea medication like Imodium if you are still passing loose stools.

If you are concerned about last month's period not being normal then you can take a test for pregnancy.

If you don't start feeling better in the next few days, call your doctor.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/diarrhea