Muscle Injuries

Muscle Injuries Guide

ask: Severe arm pain after a Depo-Provera injection?

I had a Depo-Provera injection 3 weeks ago and believe they hit a nerve when doing so. I've consulted many health care professionals already. I had severe pain for two weeks and while the pain level is subsiding a bit, new things are happening such as pins and needles in my hand and fingers, not being able to put my arm fully behind my back, muscle spasms, a weakened grip and magnified pain when I pinched my finger last night. I have had these shot for 9 years and never had a problem. I felt something different during the injection - I just remember it feeling like a bubble building under the skin, which I have never felt before. I have no redness, heat or infection. I am hoping the changing symptoms mean that it is starting to heal, but I'm not holding my breath based on information I have been researching. Anyone?

Anonymous

I just got my depo shot today . The first time i ever had it it was just one time shot i syop taking it Nd couldnt get pregnant for about a year and 2/3 months and completley lost my period . I just started taking it again and my period lasts up to 15 days . The only thing diffrent today was that my arm extremley hurts i have an 8month old daughter wich i carry at times and after me shot i had to pick her up and all my arm including my shoulder up to some point on my neck hurted has anyone felt this is it normal PLEEAASSEEE i need help

Anonymous

I was on the depo shot for about 6 years and both of my arms b sore every night and i can barely move thwm when i wake up and it hurts very bad but im not on the shot anymore i been off of ot for about 2 yeara now so whar should i do?

Anonymous

On me they always switch arms . I get a small amount of pain at the time of the shot last the day of shot but goes away. The doctor rotates arms and gives it in the upper arm. If the shot bothers you beyond this time I would say it is an allergic reaction to the shot and to contact your doctors office.

Anonymous

Definatley.
I went to the doctors about my lumps in the arm. Doctor confirmed tissue damage. Advised me to keep cool, as appeared to inflame during heat. Told me to take antihistamines, although they made no difference in my opinion.

Anonymous

I got a shot around 4 weeks ago iny right hip. The shot sight isn't bothering me at all. What is bothering me however is constant pain and weekness in both arms. It takes both my hands just to lift my coffee cup. Started right around the time i got this shot. Coincidence......not sure......should i call my doc?????.......help!!!

Anonymous

I had deposit injections about 11 years ago, for a period of about 3 years. In the past 12 months I've had lumps and itchiness on my arms where I had the injections. They tend to come and go. The last couple of months they have been more frequent. I've gone back on the pill too for last 6 months. How likely are these lumps to be related to the depo injections from all those years ago? Or should I be considering something else.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It sounds like an allergic reaction. I wonder if anything about the injection has changed or are you reacting to something else. Have you mentioned this reaction to your physician?

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

My cousins who's an acupuncturist suggested that its tissue damage from the deposit all those years ago. But it seems odd it coming out now. I will visit the doctor.

Anonymous

I have been on this needle for a year and 2 mths now..I have had the shot in both arms for three shot by my doctor..I have been having pain in my sholders ever since..I have had the shots by my sister(nurse)in my hips ever since and no pain..the past couple of weeks i have been having a funny feeling in my heart..i have have notice acne since if taken it and loss of hair ..and I just read a bunch of people say they have been having the same thing..so im thinking about stopping..the doctors are not telling me why my sholders are hurting..all she said was to get it in my hip from now on..funny

You need to contact the person who gave you the injection. Was it given by your physician, a nurse in your physician's office or by a health care professional at a health clinic? This individual would know the dose of the injection. Let him or her know that you are having pain in your arm following the injection.

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :